my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Thursday, November 13, 2014

Seoul Trip 2014: Gifts And Pasalubong



Pasalubong is one thing not to be forgotten when on a trip. It is some sort of routine to buy some stuff as remembrance personal and/or to be given as gifts to close friends back home. As for my close workmates, it became a tradition to bring home something for them even it is just a small thing.

Here are the lists of things me and my sister bought as pasalubong:


a. Shirt for mom, dad and cousin living with us. It is common pasalubong I bought on each trip made but they love to wear it thus me and my sister always get one. We just choose a cute design for our folks.


b. Pepero – the small sticks coated with chocolate put in a small box. My kiddo loves it plus me and my sister so we kinda hoard some for snacks. Luckily it on sale during our trip in preparation for Pepero Day held every November 11 of each year. But I am wishing someone will give me that big box one day.


c. Kkultare - A must try here! It is a small sweet made with honey and maltose with fillings like sesame seeds and peanuts. It can be bought from side streets vendors at Insadong. Also it is fun watching it being made. :)




d. Socks – There are lot of cute and colorful socks that can be bought here at every corner. I can say that these are really pretty gift instead of the common key chain or phone charm. Plus these socks are can really be identified as Korean made due to the animal and cartoon designs



e. Metal Chopsticks – These are quite heavy but they are very nice special gifts for foodies back home. And I keep 2 pairs as remembrance of our trip and gave the rest to friends.



f. King and Queen Figurines – Our mom likes to display figurines at home thus we grab a small one. There are 6 sets of different designs and were dressed based on the dynasty.



g. Refrigerator magnets – We found these items cute so we bought some as pasalubong also.


Cute Ref Magnets in Hanbok Custome


h. Kpop items – For kpop lovers who want to items of their fave group of less amount than ordered online, buying kpop items here is heaven – from album, official merchandise and non-offiial/fan made items.  Of course, albums are the first thing on the list. Other items ranges from socks, stickers, pop cards, name tag and fan made items. Name it and they’ll have it.


i. Beauty items – To those who want pore-less skin like most Korean, buying their own product is something to try on. Most of the Korean Brands are on sale which is budget saving and if you buy a lot of things, there are lots of sample freebies included upon purchasing which in turn can be given back home.  Also brands like Tony Moly and Nature Republic offer buy 1+1 or buy 10+10 in some products.




For myself, bought VIXX and BTOB albums (too bad I miss to Epik High’s Shoebox album L ),  some stickers and postcards, beauty products from Nature Republic, a cute keychain which I gave to my dad and a cute bookmarker.


Not to miss is this toy train included in my Lotteria burger meal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment