my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, November 8, 2014

Seoul Trip 2014 - Day II



November 7, 2014

Waking up early today despite sleeping late, I am excited as we are heading to Namiseom Island today! This place is in my top 5 not to be missed place for this trip. I was mesmerized with the place particularly the colors of autumn as I check the picture prior to the trip.

But still we left the place a bit late as we took some time prepping up. Yet I am happy to see the sun is shining brightly despite the cold weather.




The trip is quite long as we need to take a bus ride bound to Gapyeong Terminal from Seoul Station then another ride, a cab this time to the ferry wharf. Though I fell asleep at some point, I woke up not to miss the nice scenery along the way.






Once in the dock, I can see lots of people going back and forth. The ticket line going to the island is bit long but won’t take much time as there 4 booth open.  We are still at the wharf station but I can see how pretty the island is. It makes me more excited as we ride the ferry going to the island.



In the island, all I can say is wow! The place cannot be defined with the pictures I’ve seen. The island is filled with chest-nut trees, birches, ginko trees, and maples tree which makes up many of these beautiful tree lined paths. Plus colors everywhere!


Banana Milk and Cookie for Snacks


Our Lunch

We left the place late as we enjoy taking pictures and we need to hurry back so we can be in time to meet my friend who’s staying here in Seoul.

Too bad we miss to go to Petite France today as agreed since we took a long time walking around the island. Also, its too late for us to know that we can took a train heading to the island which is faster than the bus.




Good thing is that we arrive early at Jongno 3. We have some time to feast on the stalls selling various snacks. The first one to try is me (to see if it’s safe) and I pick this stall selling Gyeran Bbang, Korean’s version of egg bread. The ajussi selling is very friendly and smiling all the time as we tried to have a conversation, asking details of the bread. In the end, all 4 of us bought and eat.






The next one tried is nearest stall selling hotdogs in various type corn dog, bacon wrapped and hotdog on stick. The ajumma in the stall smiles a lot and never fail to remind those who bought snacks to be careful of the toothpick used to hold the bacon.





Once my friend came, we started walking down the alley heading to Cheonggyecheon Stream for the Seoul Lantern Festival that opens today. I thought it’s not going be a long walk as my feet is quite tired from walking all day at Nami Island and it is going to be a short exhibition. Failed!






After the walk, we tried to find a nice place to eat dinner. There are lots to choose from but some of my company don’t like those we’ve passed. We were able to agree in one restaurant but it is already closed. I was even tempted to stop even just in a coffee shop to grab hot drinks and snacks but decided to walk and find our way home. Sadly, we end up in Lotteria again near our area.







No comments:

Post a Comment