my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Friday, November 7, 2014

Seoul Trip 2014 - Day I



November 6, 2014 
Day 1 – Start of Vacation.  

Waking up early today for my much awaited trip though some part of my excitement is already killed by the previous events. I almost drop this trip due the problem encountered with the some company personals but was convinced by my sister go since I already paid the rebooking of the flight. After dressing up, I ask my cousin to accompany to change some extra money that I can bring for the trip as my sister requested.


Lucky, the cab driver is chatty and cheerful (whom my dad knows) that ease out some jitters I feel since I am alone heading to Korea. In the midst of the conversation, the driver mentioned that most area heading to the airport were traffic due to road repairs that I got nervous I might be late


Checking in at NAIA



Thought that might be late but I am still early for my flight here at NAIA. However the long queue for fees and tax payment is going to kill me. The line is really long and not organized thus doing this alone is a headache. There are only 2 counter processing everything. However the check-in line is fast. But not a surprise, the flight was delayed due to airport congestion though the boarding is right on time.
Window Seat


 Travelling alone and my first international trip, I find it nerve wrecking not having someone close whom I can ask or talk during the flight. My sister’s friend gave specific details and instruction but still not enough to ease my feeling. Sleeping is also hard to do that I just have 15 to 30 minutes nap then I am awake again.  I end up taking random shots of the view by the window seat.


Amazing View From The Plane



Despite the late departure, we arrive on time at Incheon International airport. I am awed with the airport’s size and how organized the place is. I can’t help but compare it with the local terminal.

As instructed after changing my money to won, the first thing to do is buy the pop card that can be used for travelling. It is like a centralized, reloadable card convenient for bus, cab and subway ride. I roam around airport and found lots of guides in different languages (that I failed to notice at first) and discount vouchers. I rest also for a bit among the empty bench to notify my travel mates that I already arrive at the airport.
Lights Everywhere


Outside, I waited for bus with mark 6002. It took quite a while before the bus arrive that I have some time to also observe the process. First thing I notice is that I forgot to took my jacket out of my bag though I am not that cold but most people going in and out are wearing thick jacket; I look a bit out of place as I am wearing  a casual top and jeggings. Next, all the staff personnel assisting those in the bus line, as I thought, were senior citizens above 60 yet still strong in carrying heavy luggage.


Touchdown at Incheon


The ride to Jongno, where I will get off, will approximately take 1 hour and 15 minutes. I fell asleep for quite some time but was awaken when the person beside me press the button, signaling that he will get off at the nearest bus stop. This makes me jittery again as I cannot fully understand what was said over the speakers and I am afraid I might miss my designated stop. I move from back seat to one nearer the door so I can ask the driver further details. Luckily, the girl seating on where I transferred is friendly and was able to ask some assistance to confirm my drop off point.


My Buddies - Ormi, Charlaine, sister Janne, Kai and Me

I did not miss my stop! My companions were already waiting for me at Angel In Us Café, trying to keep warm from the cold weather outside. Since I arrive late, I don’t have much option but to buy take out dinner at the store next door, Lotteria and bought a burger meal. Then we head off to back to the hostel to rest and prep up for next day’s activity.


Burger for First Meal :)

Goodnight!


No comments:

Post a Comment