my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Jjipangyi is Here!

With lots of Korean food popping up, I never thought that this one is going to be one of them. Yeah, the famous cane ice cream is here – Jipangyi. I’ve seen their stall in Insadong but dare not to have one after I ate the 32 cm ice cream in a cold weather, I say not again (but I am quite taken aback as I wanted to have Baskin Robin that time). But the moment I saw those long canes here in SM City Lipa, I knew what it was and I am not gonna miss it this time. Lucky, there’s not much line yet.


Jipangyi is not just famous for the shape of the cones but also of the ingredients used – corn. Guess, the point of using corn for the cane cones is to enjoy ice cream with less sugar compared to barquillos, wafer and waffle. Less guilt eating and feasting, right?




We bought two orders of mixed chocolate ice cream and vanilla ice cream. Yes, the whole cane is filled with ice cream – from end to end. It is like eating corn snacks with cold cream on it. One good thing about it is, the cane does not soften easily thus it is easy to eat while strolling around the mall.


 

For PHP35, Jipangyi is one thing I don’t mind munching one. I’ll probably add some toppings next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment