my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, July 9, 2011

What An Unplan Day!

Davao Trip 2011 - Day 1

Me and Peter been talking via chat and e-mail before the trip for few days. I’ve researched on itirenery, places to stay and good food places then send it via e-mail thinking he make the final decision on everything. So we end on meeting in the airport with Peter all drunk and still drinking. Only to realize he wanted me to decide on everything when we are in Davao already ( I missed his last mail asking me to take charge of everything (im out of work when it was sent ) and I all I said is I’m on a mess now.

I know there are lots of places where we can check in knowing a lot of hotels and inns here but not sure if there is available rooms. I called and texted my friends to check several places for me until I remember Jack Ridge even though one of the cabbie there been advising us also to other places I knew he will get a kickback plus a large charge for us (I say screw him doing that!). But it is going to be my call. My decision then is to head to Jack’s Ridge and think of another good place after a night there. So I ask him to drop us at Jack’s Ridge and tried to bargain the price for the drop off – from PHP400 to PHP300. And one thing I hate people taking advantage of me knowing I am not from Davao and travelling with a non-local. Guess this is the bad side of being a known tourist place - that they charge higher fee for both Filipino and foreigner.

Once we arrive there, my friend end up sleeping at the vehicle while I deal with the receptionist for the payment for a night stay which takes half an hour. Lucky there is an extra hut available for us knowing they got only 3-4 rooms for rent. After signing few papers, we are now ready to go to the room. It’s around lunch already when start to head down to the room as a crew helps us transfer the baggage. The place is relaxing as we enjoy the view of the city while we walk down the stairs to the room. Only to realize it is at the far end of the stairs and at the end of the hut rows.


We checked the room for a bit before we settle down though there is a bit of complains on the location (it’s away from the city). As curious person, I end up checking every inch of the room while my friend ends up getting a quick shower and taking a short nap.



Hungry as no lunch and snacks eaten yet, we get out around half past 2 pm to have lunch con meryenda. The Taklobo restaurant is still gearing up for the night that will come we end up at Karlo’s Gourmet and Coffee. Also its weird that their menu got cents on the price only to notice the 20% tax and service charge that will be added on the final bill. My hunger already passes that I end up ordering a chocolate cake while he ordered grilled pork with mash potato and chocolate mousse.

After eating, we round the place checking the Amphitheater, the Penmar Halls and sneaking around the area. There are 2 gazebos at the far edge of the place which is a great for taking picture of the city. And there are lots of stairs there that we tried to check each one and where it will lead to.


Dinner came and we decided to check on Kai’s Bar and Grill over Taklobo restaurant. This time I am really hunger that I order grilled tuna and rice plus Tanduay Ice while my friend Peter munch on fries and beer. We skip out once in a while to smoke as it is not allowed in the area. There is not much view on the bar compared to other parts of the area but what we wait for is the Utopia band that will be playing play for the night. We stayed there a bit late until the sounds change into a different genre.


We left as the band started the 2nd set since most of the songs played make us sleep. Guess it is the sign that we need to rest and better called it quits.



No comments:

Post a Comment