my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Davao 2011: My Hotel - A Great Place to Stay in Davao


Our first choice on hotel is bad thus the second day started with a place to stay within the city. There are lots on the list until I saw the name My Hotel and remember it from a fellow blogger’s site. From that, we called them and receptionist is courteous and friendly upon answering the phone. Lucky, she confirmed there are rooms available that day.

My Hotel Davao

We left the current place where we stayed for a night and transferred to My Hotel. Upon arrival, the hotel looks like another building along the busy street with a significant yellow painting on the wall based on the outside appearance. However upon entrance on the lobby, you feel at ease as there is less noise inside and the security guard is in full attention of people passing by the door. Location wise, it is good place despite the crowded area. It is near the church, mall, grocery stores, restaurant and small cafeteria and the Davao’s People’s Park.

My Hotel Reception Area

The lady receptionist is patient to explain us the room availability, amenities and other important details upon staying even though there is a flyer available just above the table. And the other hotel staffs are approachable and patient when explaining directions. Also the hotel lobby is spacious with lots of seats for visitors and waiting for their stuff.

My Hotel Lobby

We chose a double bed room. The first room given to us have problem with the air condition thus we requested for transfer which they obliged do. Also there is rust is rust of the place were towel can be hung. The next room given is a bit bigger than the 1st one with a good aircon. It is clean and they regularly clean up every morning. I notice from the two rooms that they have specific presentation for the soap, towel and roll tissue placed on top of the bet. There is a big flat screen tv with clear cable connection. The bed is good for sleeping though I wish the pillow is bigger and softer. The bathroom is also big and no rust on the comfort room anymore. Also no problem on the water for both hot and cold shower.

My Hotel Room


They offer free calls outside the country (I notice this on the post on the phone). Also they have free Wi-Fi connection for from the lobby until the top floors. However during peak hours, the connection is a little slow (but feel free to check the other connections) and sometimes it’s hard to connect whenever in the restaurant area.



Overall, it’s a great choice for a place to stay and will definitely stay here when I go back to Davao.

No comments:

Post a Comment