my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Friday, June 17, 2011

Bohol 2011: Stay in Tagbilaran

Day I
Part 2

It’s almost 5:00 PM when we arrive in Tagbilaran from Manila. The driver is on time and picked us up from the airport.

Outside the airport, I thought it is a not a crowded city but with just few establishments just like most city away fromManila. However the city is crowded. There is traffic, a typical rush hour at 5:00 in the afternoon where offices and school hour end. I can see smog in the area. And the street is filled more with tricycles, followed by jeepneys and few private vehicles.

It took more than 30 minutes to travel from the airport to our hotel. We decided to stay in Christcentville hotel in the city for easier country side tour. It took a couple of minutes to register in the check since they thought me and my friend Peter have different reservation. Then we decided to rest for an hour before we ate dinner.

After a few debate on where and what to have, we decided to have our first dinner in Payag. The restaurant is around 15 minutes away from the hotel but we decided to ride a trike out of laziness. On first, you won’t recognize it as a restaurant since it was built on an old house except if you notice the sign. The street heading to the restaurant is well lighted and the trike driver is friendly and accommodating. He even informed us it is safe to walk around the city even at night (which is true).

We stayed and eat for more than hour before we head home. It's quite hard to find a trike heading home since most province people sleeps earlier. Then we ask driver to stop at St. Joseph Church that is along the way. It’s beautiful with all lights lit up when we pass on it earlier due to the wedding being held (and I wish we stop before than after). After few photos we head back and call it a day. I am too sleepy and tired to do anything except to clean up before sleeping (vain girl :D).

Review for Payag Restaurant at this link http://lablitawanders.blogspot.com/2011/06/delectable-meals-at-payag-restaurant.html

Review for Chriscent Ville Pension house at this link http://lablitawanders.blogspot.com/2011/06/chriscent-ville-pension-house.html

No comments:

Post a Comment