my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Bohol 2011: Panglao Island Trip - Day One

For the last days of the Bohol trip, we stayed in Panglao Island. The island is more of a peninsula, connected by a short bridge from Tagbilaran City and less than an hour drive. The drive is stress free though the cab driver is talkative and asking a lot of questions.

The scenery composed of trees, huts and few cemented yet simple houses meters apart from each and few untouched areas of civilization except for the concrete road. But once you reach the crossroad, it seems you are back on the city. Can be see are lots of restaurants, inns and hotel and various signs on the road. We experience a little traffic cause by many motorbike running, few private and hotel owned vehicles. The area is less reached by cabs unless they are requested to pick guest or for tours in the island.

I can say that the motorbike runs the road here. It’s in every corner of the street. Though I can blame them since there are lots of promotions going on with motor bikes and most people find it easier to own one rather than a bigger vehicle. And I guess another reason is it is much cheaper to fill those little rides with gas (is that correct?).

We asked the drive to drop us at Amorita Resort. We stayed there on the first day on the island for Peter’s birthday celebration. We arrive early before the allowed check in time. The room is not yet prepared thus the receptionist advised us to leave our things and the personnel will transfer it on the room and assigned another person to guide us around the resort. As appointed, the guide explains the different rooms and areas on the resort and more pictures were taken. I can say Amorita is a great place though expensive but its worth the stay here. We roam for an hour before the stomach starts grumbling. A sign we need to eat.

We head to the resort’s restaurant, Saffron, to eat. There’s not much on the menu but few fancy meals. To satisfy my craving for barbeque, I ordered grilled liempo with grilled vegies and rice while my friend ordered pasta. They served some bread and dips while waiting for our meal.
Lunch time came and chat time passes then we decided to check the room. He chose to stay at the Ocean View Villa. I’m amazed with the room size though I have seen the photos on the site but never though it will be a really big room. And the view from the room is great thinking we are quite at the last villa – it’s at the very end. I can say somehow worth the payment for it.

Happy time started as we start to celebrate the birthday. It’s a party with champagne and food on a hot afternoon while having a dip plunge pool within the villa. It lasted until sunset. We stop around 8 pm just to head to the beach and eat dinner.

There were few bars along Panglao Island and some offers band that plays acoustic music. After 15 minutes of walking until the last restaurant, me and my friend head to a bistro that served pizza and grilled food. It’s called Hayahay Resort and Restaurant. I order another serving of grilled food while my friend ordered pizza. It was a nice evening as we eat and listen to music from a nearby restaurant. Then we head back to the room and rest.

Another day well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment