my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Bohol 2011: Delectable Meals at Payag Restaurant

Craving for good and home cooked food away from home? This is one great choice in Tagbilaran. Payag Restaurant offers good variety of food at affordable price. And the staff is friendly and accommodating.


The restaurant is built inside a Spanish styled house. From the outside, the place looks big and overpowering with its all wooden structure though its not that big inside but spacious enough for the tables and chairs and few accessories. You will be greeted with the friendly guard, the welcoming chef statue and a wooden stairs leading to the 2nd floor or the dining area.



The upper part is divided into two: the open area with the view of the street- this one is open for smokers and those who want fresh air and an in closed room which got air-condition area.
The place is decorated with roosters and chicken – found on the table, plates and clock (both dining area) and some old inspired material like old capiz lamp, heavy wood chairs and tables (that reminds me of my lola’s house). The whole place gives you homey relaxing feeling as well as if you were transported to a different era.

The menu offers variety of food which can be shared by 2 people. They offer chicken, pork and seafood cooked in many ways, from stew to fried, from on sticks to sizzling. And the good thing is everything is at affordable price.



The specialty of the house is their Chicken Inato. The meal is just like another version of barbecued chicken which they will probably say has their own special marinade (as all restaurant claims). Out of hunger, I order this since it’s accompanied with unlimited rice offer then I add ripe mango shake for the drinks. The meal is delicious but still I can say there is a different taste between their version compared to the other inato house I’ve eaten. Also the chicken is well cooked and easy to eat (no shreds caught between my teeth) which makes me add another cup of rice for the evening.


Then my friend Peter ordered sizzling gambas along with rice and iced tea for his meal. The gambas is taste great but it’s a bit smaller in portion. Its downside is there is more pepper and other veggies than the shrimp itself (yes you can count the number of shrimp).


Overall, the eating place is one of the superb place I’ve eaten away from my own. Location good; it is walking distance from the St. Joseph Church thus you can stroll a bit after a full meal. Food is great and delectable. It fits well for the people that travels on a budget. I can say it’s highly recommended.





1 comment: