my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Chilling at Martin’s Music Resto-Bar

Bohol 2011 Trip - Day 2

Nights in Tagbilran seems to be super quiet. It reminds me a lot of the nights I spent in Batangas. There are fewer places to go at night except for few cafes and coffee shops unless you want a trip in Panglao Island or high end resorts far from the city proper for night life. But we are lucky the trike driver pointed us to Martin’s Music Resto-Bar.


Upon arrival at corner of Gallares and M.H. Del Pilar Streets, it seems like it’s just another lonely street with old style houses and few closed establishments. We hesitated to enter the door pointed to us until a guard confirmed of the bar upstairs and few other locals entering the same door. Or maybe we didn’t notice the place since we are not familiar with it. Also the sign outside is small and not well lighted.


So there we go and proceeded on to the 2nd floor. I expected a small room with few people drinking and chatting. I’m surprise to see a huge area with a small bar on the corner and lots of tables gathered around and a small stage in front. Also a number of people are there happily chatting, drinking and listens to the band playing acoustic songs. First assessment, the bar is like Payag Restaurant – an old house made mostly with wood converted into business. They use old style tables and chairs and one can still the capiz shells on the closed windows for a comfy effect (Sorry I am too noosy even on small details :D). Also they use native products to cover the lights on the ceiling. Another thing is the place is not noisy despite the band playing and that one can easily talk over the sounds.


Foods and drinks. There are few selections on international drinks on the menu. I guess these is due to most guests are locals. But there are lots for San Miguel products served iced cold (seems it is taken out of a freezer) and bottles, both filled and empty along the hallway heading to the lady’s room. Food list consists of pica pica like nuts and sisig. Also they offer bucket for beers and tower for draft beer as I have seen on the table near us. Servers are friendly and pay attention to request made for the drinks.

There are 3 downsides for Martin’s Music Resto-Bar. One is they could have a better sign outside the area so it can be distinguish among the house row. Next, they need maintenance on the girl’s room – tissue, cleanliness and it needs air freshener. Lastly, they could have used a better lighting inside the bar.


The place is good to chill and relax just like what I did during the stay in Tagbilaran though me and my friend looks out of place there but I will go back here not just to chill but also get to know the local musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment