my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Friday, March 28, 2014

A Closure and A New Start

Today ends my 29th year. Looking back makes me realize how much I’ve changed from the previous years though think it’s quite a severe change on some ‘things’ compared to the past years. Yet this year had opened up a different side me and able to meet new people. But what makes me happy most are thinking of my achievements for the year that was.

One goal attained: learn a new language Korean. Yeah, I learn Korean for my love for kpop which most find it weird. I’m still struggling in reading and writing hangul well (my writing sucks that my friend once commented I still write like a high school student) but practice, practice. Constant repetition will help a lot for fluency right? And hope to be able to use it for my trip later this year. But on the side note, I say sorry for Spanish for setting it aside and took Korean first; I still love and will learn you, arasso?

Second goal attained: write more and more. Okay, I may not able to write most on my notebook but the notes on my phone are quite a lot that I will need to transfer them on paper (this I will do soon) and complete those unfinished one. Guess I will need a second notebook for reviews and travels.

Another goal attained: the family trip. Bought the tickets already and set the date for my birthday for next year. Yes, it was for next year and quite far but it is still a trip. Need to plan it well so my folks and my kiddo won’t be upset plus save much for this 6 people travel.

Lastly, meeting new people. I used to have a small world even though spend quite an ample of time on social media site like Twitter and Facebook plus the partying – meaning I talk only to people I know. But upon exploring it more and with my liking for kpop, I was able to become acquainted with few people and became friends with some at one point. I might not be seeing them for real but there are casual, funny and serious conversations about anything that came up. It’s like a new world that opens up though most I met are younger than me and I wouldn’t mind being called unnie most of the time.

For the year that was, it’s not a full blast year with less travel but still thinking positive with these attained goals. I learn something new and still able to enjoy despite the changes and downfalls. One thing I note more is I was able to explore more of life beyond the little world I built around me. All knew well that it’s not easy to open up to other people for the fears of rejection and backstabbing and mistrust but somehow I became brave and widen my little sanctuary as I let few in it and accept me as me.

Happy 30th year to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment