my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, August 23, 2014

Foodfind: Home-Made Cassava Cake

Lots of food products are now sold here at the office as snacks or take home as pasalubong. One of my colleagues offered me this sample cake made by her agent. I find it good so I ordered one for my family (taken last Tuesday that I get one on Friday).

Yes, it was a home-made cassava cake. I ordered the one with leche flan on top and the other flavor is with a macapuno slice. One order is 12 quite big slices for only PHP100. 


It’s tasty with the right amount of sweetness. The cassava is well grated that I cannot taste those long strips I often taste from eating fresh one (sorry I cannot remember what it is called). Also the cake is firm and quite big than those commercially offered. Another plus is that it stays soft even after it’s put in the fridge.

The only downside is I hope there’s a bigger slice of leche flan on top of each serving instead of a really small one (even for the macapuno one). Or maybe add some cheese on top.

Overall, it is really good that I will order another set as my snacks this time. 

I can delay diet or exercise the carbs off afterwards right?

No comments:

Post a Comment