my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Unboxing: VIXX Depend On Me Album

This so quick! I did pre-order the Depend On Me album from HMV and it was delivered to PH in just a couple of days! hough there’s a delay once it reached the local post as the post office was open only on Tuesdays and Thursday (*sigh*) yet still it took only a week – faster than my usual order which often took more than 2-3 weeks.

This is my 1st time to order via HMV and I pretty much impressed how the good was packed and very detailed including a printed receipt from them (is this a standard process for orders from Japan?) plus quick delivery. Well, I won’t hesitate to order from them again.




I’m pretty excited to open the package to check who will be on the freebie card (hoping it will be Leo) which is randomly given amongst the 6 cards and this is the reason I chose HMV over CDJapan.

Hongbion Card HMV Freebie
And boom, I receive this nice Hongbin card (but I really want Leo) which looks like one of the photocard insert from the normal album version I think. I did choose version A because of Leo’s composition Shadow but I feel bad for not ordering also the version B.


CD Cover Design

Back to the album, it uses a dark theme which is different from the previous Japanese album Can’t Say but very much likely with their Korean releases. Also this one reminds of their Voodoo doll album for some reason – I guess because of the smoke effect used. Also the CD design is cool. But is there any standard that Japanses released album must be in jewel case only compared as compared to the Korean ones?

Top - CD, Bottom - DVD
The photos are cool though I am still wondering why or what those hand gestures in the close up pictures stand for.




It includes 11 tracks including some song from the Chained Up album plus the bonus track Shadow composed by Leo for version A (and With Me by Ravi for version B).

1. Depend on me
2. ECHO
3. Goodbye your love
4. Chained up -Japanese version
5. Error -Japanese version
6. Love Letter -Japanese version
7. Can't say
8. Spider (KOR)
9. Hot Enough (KOR)
10. Stop it girl (KOR)
11. Heaven (KOR) 

Tracklist
Plus I also got Hongbin’s photocard. Leo must have hated me for I never got him from opening VIXX albums..tsk!

Hongbin Ver A Card

My top picks is Goodbye Your Love and I’ll choose Echo over Depend On Me as it gives me a much better feel on it. Okay, Depend On Me have this strong, fast beat start with dramatic verse sang with in-between strong raps fill in and strong chorus lines – it’s something I’ll learn to like by keeping it on repeat play but not on first time listening. Though, I love how Hyuk got lots of lines on this one.
For the bonus song, Shadow is all about upbeat and fast tempo with a climactic slow bridge. This song reminds me a lot of Eternity and On and On due to similarly the continuous fast tempo. Plus this one is way different from the Leo’s other composition Words To Say.



Overall, the album is good with hints of fresh technique here and there. Though I still prefer previous album and will still be my fave after hearing the full album.

No comments:

Post a Comment