my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Friday, February 18, 2011

Palawan 2011: Stay at Ysabelle Mansion

Finding a good place on a trip is hard with lots of things to consider –location, amenities and room. But I feel lucky that me and Bernz have the same taste of a “good place” to stay. So during the Puerto Princesa Trip, we opted to stay in Ysabelle Mansion.

Upon arrival at the airport, we are picked up the owner’s husband at the airport with a welcome banner. Quite impressive because other hotels I’ve checked in before does not offer such service. Also they give us a ride back to the airport during our last day.


Once in the hotel, I notice it is clean and nice. It is accentuated with local products to add homey effect. There is small garden and veranda. Also they offer free wi fi connection to its residents. However the place is far from the city proper thus when heading back here, some tricycle drivers ask for payment for PHP 20.00 or more to cover a trip.

Our room is big and spacious. It has television with cable and one lamp. Also they provide Good morning complimentary set – toothpaste, toothbrush, shampoo and soap. I can say it’s too big for 2 persons with 2 double beds, though they only add one cabinet to occupants with a couple of hangers. With girls staying, the cabinet won’t fit our clothes thus we opted to use it to house our used clothes. The bed is a little old yet still comfy to sleep on, pillows are small and thin but I can say the sheets and bed cover are still new.


They also have a small restaurant that offers mostly breakfast set with all the sinangag (fried rice) and egg combination with various add on to choice from like tocino, tapa, hotdog and corn beef. And upon checking on the menu, I can say that they prefer to serve local meals but I wish they consider to add other stuff like sandwiches. Also they require pre-order for breakfast meals. The price of the food is expensive and in small portion as I compared to other breakfast I’ve eaten.

The owners are friendly and approachable. I even see them allowed a guest or two to use the computer to book flights. However, the sad part is, some of their staffs are not friendly and not accommodating. I even need to call them twice just to notice me.

Overall, the room is great, service needs improvement (or the staff needs training) however I might think twice staying here again since I prefer a location much nearer to restaurant and stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment