my rekindled sanctuary.

my rekindled sanctuary.

travel and places
a self proclaimed foodie
my creative photography attempts
music and books that helps me escape
my random thoughts.

a summary of the things i love, like and find interesting - bits and pieces of my life.

enjoy, explore and discover..

advertlets

Thursday, January 26, 2012

It Happen Too Fast.

Sunday.

I was there. I saw him. He walked along the hallway and even talk to us for a bit before heading to bed. He just got out of the hospital that day due to hemoglobin problem but I know he is good then. He is doing well.

Wednesday.

Happy that my shift just ended and I am in hurry to log out for the dinner. I don’t want to be late in the event. Here I am closing all the files, saving and/or updating documents, pressing the X button on the open browser, when I heard my phone’s tone. It’s my dad – a message. It is a bit unusual for him to text me at that hour. Excited, I open the message hoping for good news for my little girl’s exam results.. but sad to read the news - Tiyo Mayong is dead. I called after reading it hoping it’s a wrong message but it’s not. I even ask if they were able bring to the hospital still hoping he is okay but he is not. It is confirmed yet still I cannot believe he is gone.

I knew life is too short yet and yet it is not easy to see someone you love, someone you knew, and someone you grew up with – is gone. I never expected this to happen to him so soon. I knew he is in a better place now but we will miss him for sure.

Rest In Peace Tiyo Mayong.

No comments:

Post a Comment